Thursday, September 20, 2012

Five Splendid Days in Hana

I'm just getting back from Hana where I was able to paint along side many of Maui's and (other places) finest plein aire painters . It was truly a fantastic get away and a great way to immerse ourselves into our painting.

Hana Bridge
4 X 6
I did this as a fun sketch to send to Mak who is very homesick and needs lots of encouragement.    I  experienced a little bit of the feeling of homesickness being away from my home and hubby too!  It's always good to remember those emotions so I can emphasize with her.  

Pine Surf Spot
5 X 7
A terrific little surf break.
It rains almost every night in Hana and it always feels great to be in a dry cabin listening to the rain on the roof!  It must have followed me home as we had rain here in Lahaina, off and on, all night.  So soothing but not the best light to capture art work in.  


Yellow Ginger
10 X 8
Very refreshing!

Hana Bay
It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22&23

Do you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment