Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Driving to the Otherside

Driving to the Otherside today I was able to catch some wonderful shots of a rare for February, South Swell
And some beautiful clouds, looking down the coast the waves had small rainbows in them though I was unable to capture them with my simple camera.
I drove past this darling house with scallop planters!  Almost every plant in the whole garden was of the succulent family.  

A close up of  the darling house.

I've been pondering the expression 'spiritual' the last two days.  I guess it acknowledges that humans have a spiritual side to them.  We also use the expressions physical or emotional.  Though usually when talking about these aspects of our human nature, I think most people would expound upon what they mean by physical.  For example, did the man hit his wife, are their young children more affection then others.  Or was one feeling emotional after hearing some wonderful music, or they didn't get enough sleep, etc.  

I witnessed people talking of their experience in a health related field as spiritual.  I believe they mean they feel fulfilled, satisfied they are using their God given gifts.  Never have I been so grateful for the words of Jesus in John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:  no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  Truth, how precious the book of John explains it.  And I pray my spirituality would not show what I am or have learn but the Holy Spirit, which was a gift Jesus gave me when I asked Jesus to save my soul. 
  
 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Ral and I love that verse from John as well. We tend to discuss the meanings of "spiritual" vs "religious" and what they mean to us.
    Have a wonderful day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, OH MY WHAT BEAUTY!!!!!!!

    I wanted to come by to thank you so much for your visit and kind words!!!! And I come here to see my dear friend Michelle, also a great artist was here! LOVE LOVE LOVE this place you have taken us to and that painting is divine. LOVE TO YOU, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your visits Michelle and Anita, yep Michelle is a great artist and encourager, as well as friend. Please visit often, Aloha Ral

    ReplyDelete