Friday, March 16, 2012

A couple more paintings

Blue Ginger
5 X 7
I've been blessed to be a mentor to a  High Schooler who chose to study under me as an artist for her Senior Project.  While she is here on Saturdays, instead of becoming totally absorbed in composing a new painting, I go through partially finished paintings and work on those while she paints.  I found this Blue Ginger last week and decided it really didn't need anything but a mat.



    Beachhouse 
       12 X 16
Here's one that had such a glaring problem with such an obvious answer.  This painting portrays early morning shadows, and I felt proud of myself for not 'slavishly' following the reference photo by setting the house on a outcrop.  Without realizing it though, I did  follow the photo which showed the shade down.  Who wants to miss this gorgeous view hiding behind a screen.  The sun is coming up in the east, and the house is facing west.  I need to add more shadows under the lanai and retake photo in a better light.  God willing, it should be matted and ready to go to my next Banyan Tree Art Fair. 

                         
The walking minstrels are two of my daughters returning Dad's guitars.
Thanks for visiting Maui

No comments:

Post a Comment