Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Keeping Up With the Young


My friend Erin is getting married this January, she just graduated college and is on the island with her family  to make some money.  When she has the late shift at Cold Stone where she works, she stays with us.  We got up yesterday morning and started talking and having so much fun.  And of course, we talked about 'the wedding'.  Erin mentioned wanting some of my art for her 'new home'.  She thought I would need to work on some new pieces for her, which I love to do but this time I pulled out "The Bummer Bag".  This bag is one of those plastic bags with a zipper on it that a queen size comforter had come in.  This keeps the dust off my work.  (We get unexpected dust storms that  blow through our house).  As well as throwing the bummers in this bag, I often throw unprotected pieces in before matting them. Or sometimes come back and work on them again, or the backs of them. 

Ebb 12 X 16




Erin chose this beach scene.  I had this posted on Etsy and got quite a few lookers but I know Erin really liked this with it's peaceful easy to live with palette.  Why was it in "The Bummer Bag"?  Just because I hadn't put it into any protective packaging.  There is a special feature in the newer versions of photo edit programs that fixes the warped horizons.  In real life it isn't warped and when matted and framed it will be a nice straight horizon.  




8 X 10
she is going to float this on a dark blue mat board
under the cream colored mat





I wasn't real thrilled with these two but she loved the
Fairyland feeling in both.  As well as the purples,
I know she loves purple.




14 X 12




















We did finally get out of the house and borrowed these kayaks, I am so sore today!


daughter Ebby
Your's truly









Old Lahaina Town




The day got progressively more cloudy and we had a sweet evening rain.  This morning is so gorgeous as the clouds broke up allowing West Maui to light up.

Let us know, let us press on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. Hosea 6:3


A fun little girl to play with on one of the nicest properties in the world!





















Our church, Grace Baptist,  uses this beach for baptisms.  It is the largest baptismal pool in the world:)

Thank you Lord for all your wonderful blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment