Friday, June 8, 2012


1820's the Hudson River School  was the first school of America Art.  A loosely organized group, these painters had the privilege of capturing America in it's unique natural beauty and vast solitude extending even to California.  Their use of light in their large works, reflected in mists, fog and clouds giving their paintings a reputation of overexaggeration.  They would including the minutest details then would move large geographical elements to show forth the awe and grandeur of the might hand of the Creator.

Romans 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:


ALBERT BIERSTADT  born in Germany, moved to New England with his family.  He showed an early interest in art, studying in Europe.  I choose Bierstadt's oil paintings today because he was able to travel west.  Due to his painting uncommonly large works, his critics accused him of being egotistical and also criticized his exaggerated colors.  I am so glad we have his work today.   

The Shore of the Turquoise Sea


Storm in the Rocky Mountains, Mt Rosalie 1866    The Brooklyn Museum




 
"Anaihi" my own sketch, I fancy it hanging in a museum someday, wink, wink!

I'll be having a garage sale tomorrow and have been working on seaglass earrings, hopefully I'll be able to sale a few of these.

I am hoping to get back my studio without frames stacked against the walls.  I so enjoy the morning light more in the uncluttered atmosphere.



The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.  Psalm 19:1

No comments:

Post a Comment