Thursday, October 18, 2012

Yesterday's Plein

Our Plein air group went to the Lavendar Farm yesterday, this was something I had really been looking forward to.  Earlier this week Daniel Garber's "Towering Trees" had come to my attention.  I love the romantic looking trees.


So deciding against the scenes of the very diverse flowering plants and trees 
I tried to make these into a scene like towering trees.
Daniel Garber is an impressionist.
 I should have gone with what the scene was
impressing me to paint.  Oh well, live and learn.
I had a great time with my artist friends even if
I didn't produce anything worth while.


The clouds came in quickly, thankfully I had
figured out by this time that my painting wasn't going to
work out.


Before the clouds came down, the wind picked up
real strong and carried away a whole roll of paper towels.
It stayed aloft in the drafts for a good 5 minutes.
This field is where the parasails land, what a blast
they must have riding on those drafts!







I can't forget that I want to revisit waterfalls and bridges of Hana,
Aloha





No comments:

Post a Comment