Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Keeping it Simple

Kai's Wedding is in two days.  Since the garden is already a gorgeous place, everything is going to be lovely.  My caterer is not available to deliver the food after all.  What a blessing to see my son step in and carry the extra work of bringing the food up.  I continue to work on a few of my paintings to keep a more balanced life.  I haven't named this one yet, it's 5 X 7.   I started it when our plein aire group painted at Keanae, in November.  I did 3 quick sketches on the point, before walking out to Hana Highway in search of an old bridge to paint.  It turned out to be a lot farther walk then I thought, and I hitched a ride with a couple of plein air artists who drove by and asked why I would be walking!  I rode in with Karen who oil paints and finishes her paintings on location.  I prefer to sketch and take reference photos and finish my paintings in the studio.

I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas.  We kept ours simple, it was wonderful!

I got out of bed before 5am this morning.  The moon was dropping towards the horizon, trying to peek out through the clouds, it was beautiful.  I found my camera and went out the squeaky door, (I must spray the hinges with WD40 before any more early morning forays).  The moon had already dropped and the dark sky was sprayed with bright stars.  No camera can really capture the Glory!

But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.  I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.  Psalm 13:5&6

No comments:

Post a Comment