Thursday, October 17, 2013

Incredible Days

Incredible lighting, I caught this sunset on my way to Safeway a couple of nights ago, Wow!
There was lightning throughout the night though I slept through it.  We got a little rain the next afternoon.


Our plein air group up in Kula yesterday.  I had so much fun with the group, I did another painting of one of the artists at her easel though I have a few corners to work on before I share it.
Besides being a terrific painter, she is such a fun person to be around and I enjoyed laughing at her latest get up.  Notice the plastic bag on her right foot?  She stands with that foot forward as she paints so instead of walking around with one shoe totally splattered with paint she puts a plastic bag on it.  I am probably one of the worse for forgetting some important part of my plein air set up but all artists do forget to pack something  from time to time.  I've heard her express her disappointment because she forgot her "foot" bag.  


7 X 5






I haven't named these yet, I am greatly distracted waiting for my very first Granddaughters appearance.  Nothing to indict it will be today.


10 X 8

7 X 5
This one was done plein air with no studio touch up at all.
Rare for me.  I used it to paint the bottom one in my studio.  Feel free to comment on the one you prefer and why?
8 X 10


8 X 10  
This one was started on location, the winds picked up so I finished the shadying and details in the studio.  

Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works. Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.  Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun. Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.  Ecclesiates 9:7 - 10

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting, Sweetie! I would love to take a plein air class...but I guess I'd need to buy some equipment, first! Wow, those first photos are stunning. You truly live in paradise!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete