Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Aging and Loving My New Season


A lawn full of fresh water, what a spoiled cat having the whole lawn to drink from!



New Gal and Yours Truly, just a few days old.  I stumbled across a great documentary on Youtube,
called the Fabulous Fashionistas.  Funny it coincided with my 59th birthday.  You need to see it as it celebrates aging.   I would post a direct link but haven't figured out how to install all the fancy apps to do so.  Look it up, it's a breath of fresh air.



My kids took me out for the nicest lunch on my birthday.  We had to leave Harry home, as he was sick, and Kai, et ux, as she was working.  Notice the terrific sunny day with the ocean view, as well as my gorgeous, healthy kids.  Wow! I am so blessed and thankful.






Honolua Bay
10 X 8

     A couple of weeks ago our plein air group meet at Fleming Beach, it turned out to be only 3 of us.  A huge swell had come and we stood watching for close to an hour.  I later read on a surf report, the swell was called disorganized.  Meaning there were huge peaks breaking everywhere in the bay.  We couldn't focus on one area to even try to capture a painting of it.  Early, as I packed for the day I had decided to leave my camera at home because I was disillusioned with it's perspective, or more precisely, distorted perspective.  I thought I'm better off reworking the images I capture later in my studio.  I also paid close attention to placing my different tubes of paint in the proper bag to carry up north.  Finally settling on this rocky outcrop, I started to set up, when I discovered I had left that specially packed bag of  paint in my studio.  I did the best I could with a sketch from the small amount of paint left over on my palette.  As well as an image from a cell phone.  

     Later in my studio I pulled out a painting that I had abandoned just to experiment.   By this point I didn't have much hope for success.  Though much to my surprise, I must say I'm very pleased with the results of the under painting in this!

 To every thing there is a season, 
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:   
Ecclesiastes 3










No comments:

Post a Comment