Thursday, April 26, 2012

Windmills

Looking towards the mountain with beautiful clouds
Though there are ocean views all the way
from my house, this is the first glimpse of the
ocean and wonderful countryside.
I was excited to join a couple of artists
at the village of Kahakaloa.  I took quite a few photos to share my adventure into the Country.
There is alot of north shore,
today's adventure is West Maui

Looking out past Slaughterhouse Beach at Honolua Bay.
My husband surfed The Bay Monday though the swell is gone today



On a turnout at Honolua and looking west over 3 other bays 
I love the Jungle,
I resisted the urge to photo everything
so I could reach my friends before they
finished their paintings.
This is Windmills, I pulled over and knew this is where I wanted to paint.
I also started reminiscing about my nephew Jesse, who related a story
of how he had cut school and drove his jeep down here and got stuck.
He is getting married this summer and I hope to give him my finished painting
for his wedding gift. A few miles down the road this song came on the radio.
  It is such an intimate song to sing to the LORD.




 In This Life lyrics

For all I've been blessed with in this life
There was an emptiness in me
I was imprisoned by the power of gold
With one honest touch, you set me free

Let the world stop turning
Let the sun stop burning
Let them tell me love's not worth going through
If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart
The only dream that mattered had come true
In this life, I was loved by you

For every mountain I have climbed
{ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/c/collin-raye-lyrics/in-this-life-lyrics.html }
Every raging river crossed
You were the treasure that I longed to find
Without your love I would be lost

Let the world stop turning
Let the sun stop burning
Let them tell me love's not worth going through
If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart
The only dream that mattered had come true
In this life i was loved by you

In this life, I was loved by you     song written by Mike Reid and Allen Shamblin


 Kahakaloa's church is down in the valley,
see the girls easels?
Today, I definitely wanted more ocean
Here is Jan Shaner, looking real good!
No easel for me, and no wrong moves either but
I loved working here and was able to bring
home some great color sketches which I'll work  from
in my studio, hopefully tomorrow!
Hallelujah, thank you Lord for allowing me to be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment