Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Jacaranda


The Jacaranda Trees are blooming Upcountry!
I drove up there to meet with our plein aire group last Wednesday.  I almost pulled over to paint along the road to my good friend's house but she is such a dear friend, I continued along.  And then when I got there I spent so much time eating and talking and eating again, I never really got into my painting!










Travelers
14 X 11
                                                                         
I'm feeling pretty happy with my latest bird painting.  What do you think?  I've been trying to mimic  chinoiserie, while adding a Hawaiian feel.  I could call these Paka (Hawaiian for Chinese) Hapa (mixed race).  That's catchy, "Paka Hapa Series".

Aloha for now, Raliegh                  etsy.com/listing/129986758/au-au-channel-diptych?



3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely talent you have. And such a lovely island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To first view such lovely landscape then to be treated to such glorious artwork what a bright bit of happiness you've added to my day!

    ReplyDelete